Ways to Give
Become an ongoing financial partner, make a donation via Cornerstone, or send a check made out to Youth Life Foundation of Richmond.
PO Box 15202
Richmond, VA 23227
Employer Matching Partners
Every donation amount is welcome and appreciated. Thank you for partnering with us to provide a brighter future for children in at-risk communities. You can also give through our employee matching partners:
- Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) – Our Code #79416
- Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign (CVC) – Our Code #7853
- Dominion Foundation
- Merck Foundation
- Bank of America
- America’s Charities
- Network for Good
- VMware Foundation
Online Giving Assistant
Help fund YLFR through everyday purchases! It’s an easy way to support the Learning Centers, especially if you are already doing your shopping online.
A portion of all the purchases you make at smile.amazon.com will go directly to YLFR.
- Go to Amazon or click on the “Get started” button above.
- Sign in or create an account so that it will recognize YLFR as your charity.
- Bookmark Amazon Smile and start there every time you are going to shop! (Donations are only made from there, not from Amazon.com even though all your account information will work in both.)
Kroger Community Rewards
- Go online to krogercommunityrewards.com.
- Sign in or create an account.
- Add your Kroger Plus Card OR click on “Get a Digital Plus Card online today” if don’t already have one OR skip to step #3 if your card is already linked to your online account.
- Under your Account Summer, scroll down to Community Rewards and click “Enroll.”
- Find your organization – search for Youth Life and/or #80531.
- Select YLFR and click “Enroll.”
Mentor a Child
Interested volunteers are encouraged to participate by becoming weekly mentors. After forms are completed and training occurs, they will be assigned a child and expected to volunteer two hours each week at one of our Northside Learning Centers. Each mentor works with his or her child for a two-hour session between 4:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. from September through May. Mentors provide emotional encouragement, homework assistance and read with the children daily. Mentors are asked to make at least a one-year commitment. Our need for volunteer mentors is ongoing.
Mentoring opportunities are available all day during our six-week summer program, or volunteers can join our team as a full-time summer intern.
Contact our Mentor Coordinator for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fun Fridays are an opportunity for the children at the Learning Center to learn about various careers, participate in educational or sports activities, and generally, expand their knowledge of what they can do in the world. Many different speakers visit the Learning Center to share with the children about their profession and provide a hands-on activity related to their skill. We welcome guest speakers who would either visit our center or invite the children on a field trip to their place of work. Contact our Mentor Coordinator for more information: email@example.com.
If you can help with the following facility-related needs at our Learning Centers, please contact us at 804.228.1620 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Computer Help
- Building Maintenance and Small Repairs
We have ongoing needs for the following in-kind donations:
- New or used books
- New or used educational games
- School Supplies
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetable snacks
- Cleaning Supplies
- Desks, tables, and chairs
If you can provide any of these in-kind donations, please contact us at 804.228.1620 or email@example.com.
Special Events and Outreach
We usually have two major special event fundraisers each year and many smaller outreach events in the Learning Center communities. Read more about our special event fundraisers. If you would like to volunteer to help on one of these event committees or if you have a small group interested in helping with a community outreach, please contact us at 804.228.1620 or firstname.lastname@example.org.